The New York Post reports Monday that continuing delays brought on by critics' lawsuits is raising a "serious question" about Bruce Ratner's ability to obtain financing the Nets' new arena. Quoting an affadavit filed by a Ratner lawyer Friday, the Post reports the builders "are likely to encounter significant difficulties and cost increases" in the $600 million arena. Ratner is trying to expedite an appeal hearing on a critics' failed suit. Meanwhile, construction at the site proceeds.
- Court Trouble - Rich Calder - New York Post
- Affadavit of Andrew P. Silberfein - New York State Supreme Court
- Atlantic Yards Construction Update - New York State Economic Development Corp.
- Legal Delays Tax More Than the Nets’ Patience - Richard Sandomir - New York Times
- Builder can nix Nets' plan - Rich Calder - New York Post