Argentine power forward Luis Scola walked away with the FIBA Amercias MVP this weekend, but at least one of Jason Kidd's teammates thinks the Nets' point guard deserved the award. Asked who should have been chosen MVP of the two-week tournament, teammate Carmelo Anthony suggested, "Probably J-Kidd." This in spite of his 1.8 ppg scoring average. And the Sez agrees. Kidd was happy with his performance, noting "I got my quota - a shot a game."
- Kidd really wants gold medal at Beijing Olympics - Jeff Faraudo - San Mateo Times
- Team USA's declaration of independence - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Marks of a champion - Chris Mannix - Sports Illustrated
- Leaders on U.S. hoops team emerging as Olympics near - Charles F. Gardner - Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
- Olympics will test U.S. team next year - AP
- Sussman Sez: I Know What You Did Last Summer... - Gary Sussman - New Jersey Nets
- Dream Team still the best ever ... or is it? - Chris Sheridan - ESPN