The Nets' refusal to include Nenad Krstic stalled the Jermaine O'Neal trade talks. Al Iannazzone reports Indiana wanted Krstic, Richard Jefferson and Marcus Williams for O'Neal on Draft Night...as well as a third team that would take RJ and return some value. The Nets countered with a package that substituted Jason Collins for Krstic and the talks stalled. The two have not spoken since and Rod Thorn says he isn't "actively" searching for a big man in a trade. But don't be surprised if talks are renewed.
- Indiana star says he's cool with N.J. - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Jermaine talks trade - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- O'Neal waffles on trade - Mark Monteith - Indianapolis Star-News
- Open mouth, insert foot: Comments will alienate many - Bob Kravitz - Indianapolis Star-News
- Nets likely to renew talks for Pacers O'Neal - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Dont forget O'Neal also mentioned the Nets - AOL Fanhouse
- Controversy Doesn’t Change Bird’s Plans - Conrad Brunner - Indiana Pacers