What Mardi Gras is to New Orleans and Carnevale is to Rio, Caribana is to Toronto, a massive street festival featuring local bands, colorful costumes and loud music. And when it was all over, after the 25,000 marchers had strutted by 1.5 million spectators, the big winner was the Toronto Revellers, led by its band leader--and Nets' center--Jamaal Magloire. Magloire annually raises $50,000 to help his Revellers get organized and outfitted for the continent's biggest Caribbean festival.
- 1.5 million celebrate Caribana - Tom Godrey - Toronto Sun
- Revellers `feel the love' in Caribana heat wave - Tamara Cherry & Ashifa Kassam - Toronto Star
- Costumes bring rainforest to life as Caribana marks 40th anniversary - Lauren LaRose - Canadian Press
- Jamaal Magloire's Toronto Revellers - Toronto Revellers
- Photo Gallery: Caribana - Parade of the Bands - Toronto-Lime