Coach Mike Krzyzewski says the one big difference between this year's Team USA and failed US efforts in 2002, 2004 and 2006 is the presence of Jason Kidd. "It's nice when you earn somebody's respect. But it's better when you already have it. He's got everyone's ultimate respect." Kidd feels the same about Coach K: "He makes things easy because he gives you what he wants to see out there, which makes it easy for a point guard." Still, both realize what matters is the games which begin Wednesday.
- Is Golden Dream dying for the U.S.? - Jan Hubbard - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- NBA stars sold on Team USA's Coach K - Lonnie White - Los Angeles Times
- USA Basketball Roster Math - John Schuhmann - NBA.com
- Coach K must keep Miller on U.S. team - Mike DeCourcy - The Sporting News
- U.S. basketball takes shot with Redd - Brian Mahoney - AP