Frank Capece, a Cranford attorney and long time Net season ticket holder, had a close-up view of Tim Donaghy, the NBA ref now accused of fixing games. He watched him from his front row seats at the CAA and even struck up an off-court friendship. While Capece never suspected the 40-year-old ref of anything untoward, he did see a man living beyond his means. Donaghy, who could surrender to authorities next week, worked three Net regular season games and one playoff game in 2006-07.
- The real Tim Donaghy? - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- A disgraceful ref rattles pro hoops - Dick Weiss & John Marzulli - New York Daily News
- Stain the league won't soon be able to clean - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
- Betting Probe Targets Ref - Brian Mahoney - AP
- NBA referee investigated in scandal - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger