It has been a foregone conclusion for weeks if not months, but shortly before noon Friday, the Nets will make it official and extend Vince Carter's contract for another four years at $61.8 million...and throw in a $4 million guarantee on a fifth. On hand will be Bruce Ratner, the rest of the team's brass and the Nets Drum Line, who will entertain. Meanwhile the team still hasn't decided on whether to keep pursuing Mikki Moore or focus on Jamaal Magloire, who told Toronto media he is talking to six teams. And James Posey's agent (also Moore's) says the Nets are among four teams in the running for the small forward.
- With Vince in, Nets move on - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Vince & Nets sign it today - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets' Carter Is Set to Re-Sign - Liz Robbins - New York Times
- Nets Need Frontcourt Help, and Pickings Are - John Hollinger - New York Sun
- Local basketball star speaks to youngsters - Fannie Sunshine - Inside Toronto
- Playing a game of wait and see - Michael Wallace - Miami Herald