For the first time, Mayor Michael Bloomberg has broken with Bruce Ratner, asking Gov. Eliot Spitzer to veto a bill that would give Ratner $300 million in tax exemptions while limiting such breaks elsewhere in the city. "[The bill is] going to hurt the very people that everybody talks about helping and gives some tax breaks to a developer that doesn’t need them," Bloomberg said. The bill was written specifically to help only Ratner and become a critics' rallying cry.
- Bloomy slams 'Ratner carve-out' - Ariella Cohen - Brooklyn Paper
- The Explainer: Ratner's Latest - Brooklyn Paper
- The Ratner Clause - Brooklyn Paper
- City’s Plans for Housing Flop in Albany - Charles V. Bagli - New York Times
- Grinding Sausage Late at Night: Albany Reforms 421a Program - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer