The Nets and Pacers engaged in trade negotiations Thurday, with New Jersey reportedly offering Richard Jefferson, Nenad Krstic and Jason Collins for perennial all-Star Jermaine O'Neal. By day's end, however, the talks were described as "nothing concrete" and "fizzled". Pacer GM Larry Bird called it all "bogus". Jefferson stated late Thursday that the team has told him they want to keep the Big Three intact and that he shouldn't believe the rumors.
- Garnett looms large over NBA Draft - Sam Smith - Chicago Tribune
- Pacers, Nets talk O'Neal-Jefferson swap - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Notes: Jefferson says he won't be dealt - Andy Katz - ESPN
- Pacers want deal with Lakers; ponder trade with Nets - Marc Stein - ESPN
- Nets maneuvering to snag All-Star O’Neal off Pacers - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Most trade discussions are still just a bunch of talk - Ken Berger - New York Newsday
- Pacers jump into draft to pick up center Barac from Heat - Mike Wells - Indianapolis Star-News