Bruce Ratner is one of the most generous benefactors of New York state lobbyists and it appears to be paying off. Critics of the Nets' new arena--and several columnists--are up in arms over a new provision in a housing bill that could provide Ratner with $100 million in real estate tax exemptions. The provision, written so it benefits only the Atlantic Yards project, is expected to become law.
- Atlantic Yards gets a deal so sweet it's sick - Juan Gonzalez - New York Daily News
- Atlantic Yards Gets Special Provision - Cindy Rodriguez - WNYC
- A Special Break for Atlantic Yards - Nicholas Confessore - New York Times
- 421a Bill Gives Special Treatment to Atlantic Yards - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer
- Critics Say Affordable Housing Bill Amounts To Sweetheart Deal For Ratner (Video) - Roger Clark - NY1