Amid speculation that we may be seeing the last of the Big Three, Rod Thorn says trading Jason Kidd isn't likely and the only real variable with his team's core is Vince Carter. Thorn believes Carter will decline his option and pursue free agency. Carter has reportedly told his agent to discuss an extension with the Nets. Thorn also alluded that Nenad Krstic's contract won't be extended this summer. Richard Jefferson states his case for keeping the group together and Ian Eagle says Thorn "isn't a rebuilding guy".
- Kidd trade unlikely in the off-season - Dave D'Alessandro & David Waldstein - Star-Ledger
- Jefferson states his case: Don't break up this team - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Ian Eagle Interview (mp3) - Mike Francesca & Chris Russo - WFAN
- Time is running out on Kidd's title quest - Ian O'Connor - The Record
- Carter's finish is faded - Doug Smith - Toronto Star