Demolitions are supposed to be controlled but Thursday, part of the largest building on the site of the new Nets' arena collapsed, sending tons of debris onto a nearby street and causing evacuation of a nearby homeless shelter and other residences. No one was hurt in the collapse of a rooftop wall. Critics blamed shoddy demoliton work, while city officials believe the fault may lie with the building's age and recent heavy rains. Once the investigation is complete, demolition will resume.
- Section of building under demolition crashes onto street - WABC
- Atlantic yards building partial collapse - Curbed.com
- Building At Atlantic Yards Site Partially Collapses - Jeanine Ramirez - NY1
- Part Of Building Crumbles In Brooklyn - WNBC
- Parapet Falls From Building to Be Demolished for Atlantic Yards - Thomas J. Lueck & Daryl Khan - New York Times
- Building at Atlantic Yards site collapses - Michael Clancy - New York Newsday