The Nets remain optimistic that in spite of it all--injuries, divorces, tabloid headlines and lacklustre play--they can make the playoffs. After a miserable weekend in which their two stars played some of the worst games of their careers the Nets played well, but lost to the Mavs. Now, it's on to Houston and San Antonio, where Richard Jefferson could play. For most teams, such season long disappointment would endanger a coach's career, but Lawrence Frank appears safe, as Rod Thorn said again Wednesday.
- Frank-ly, Nets coach fine - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets optimistic in face of Texas-sized trouble - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets' road stays tough - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets feel good after tough loss - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets Need to Win Games, and Not Merely Play Hard - John Eligon - New York Times
- Nets need to be sharp - Al Iannazzone - YES Network