Bruce Ratner is expected to pick up the pace of demolitions for the Nets' new Brooklyn arena in the next few weeks, preparing to tear down the largest building on the site, an abandoned bakery. Meanwhile, residents living near the arena site are trying to block city plans to make two streets one-way, believing they will become high speed lanes for drivers from New Jersey to get to and from Ratner's Barclay Center.
- Ward Bakery Is Toast - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer
- City: One-way plan is DOA - Christie Rizk - Brooklyn Paper
- 15 buildings to fall soon, Ratner says - Jotham Sederstrom - New York Daily News
- How to drive to the Nets arena - Larry Littlefield - Room Eight
- Before Bulldozers, the Sound of Purring - Jake Mooney - New York Times