Lobbying the New York state legislature on behalf of the Nets' new arena cost Bruce Ratner more than $2 million last year, according to new records released by the state lobbying commission. Forest City Ratner paid out $2.1 million to eight lobbying firms. The figure puts the Nets owner at No. 3 on the list of top lobbyists, ahead of the Yankees, who are also looking for state help in putting up new digs.
- Top Ten Lobbying Clients - New York State Lobbying Commission
- New lobbying $$$ record - Politics on the Hudson
- Fried Frank wins Brooklyn shell game - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer
- 2006 lobbying in Albany breaks record - Yancey Roy - White Plains Journal News
- New high in pay to sway - Kenneth Lovett - New York Post