As Rod Thorn considers suggestions that he "blow up" or "rebuild" the Nets, Bruce Ratner is doing just that in a very real way in Brooklyn. In what could turn out to be coincidence or irony, the Nets' owner is taking the first steps toward building the Nets' new arena. Critics contend that Ratner can't do much until their lawsuit is decided. The Nets' owner disagrees. Meanwhile, Ratner has reached a deal with a Caribbean restaurant: They move now and then get new digs inside the arena in 2009.
- Ratner starts to build - Amy Zimmer - Metro New York
- Bklyn arena tip-off - Rich Calder - New York Post
- Guyanese Restauranteurs Close Nets Arena Deal - Hardbeatnews
- Developer gets the ball rolling on Nets arena construction - New York Daily News
- Brooklyn: Atlantic Yards Construction to Begin - Richard Pérez-Peña - New York Times
- Construction Begins On Atlantic Yards Project - NY1