The newly rechristened IZOD center opened Wednesday night with appearances by all manner of celebrities, from Jay-Z to Chris Rock to Donald Trump, but the two men who matter most to its continued relevance were Gov. Jon Corzine and Nets' owner Bruce Ratner. Corzine said he thought the arena still had five years left and for the first time, Ratner admitted his new Brooklyn arena won't be ready at the start of the 2009-10 season.
- Foundation laid for arena to survive 5 more years, Corzine says - AP
- New name, new look for arena as Nets tip off - Maura McDermott - Star-Ledger
- Brooklyn Reaches for the Skies - Rich Calder - New York Post
- Brooklyn Reaches for the Skies (Video) - Ian McKellem - New York Post
- IZOD Center Exterior View - Nathaniel S. Butler - NBA.com
- Corzine gives support to Izod arena - John Brennan - The Record
- Meadowlands Falls Short, But Give it an E for Effort - Julian Garcia - The InterNets