Critics of Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards--anchored by the Nets' new arena--will be in federal appeals court Tuesday, trying to reverse a lower court dismissal of their suit to stop condemnation of properties in the way of the project. A loss in the appeals court would significantly diminish critics' chances for success, although they have other suits pending. Arena supporters also point to several defections among those suing Ratner.
- Tues. Oct. 9: Eminent Domain Oral Argument - Lumi Rolley - No Land Grab
- Death throes for arena foes - Errol Louis - New York Daily News
- Are Atlantic Yards Opponents Getting Cold Feet? - Nets Fan in New York
- Atlantic Yards Eminent Domain Fight Back in Court - Michael Clancy - Village Voice
- Appeals Court To Hear Atlantic Yards Case - Eliot Brown - New York Sun