Southpole, the New York fashion house, may be the high bidder for naming rights to the Meadowlands Arena, but it may not get to replace Continental Airlines as the arena namesake. New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority officials say they are taking more than money into account. Also making a pitch: Rocawear's Jay-Z, minority owner of the Nets. Meanwhile, the team has set up a subsidiary to help other arenas find corporate sponsors.
- Arena may be turning to Southpole - John Brennan - The Record
- Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment to launch naming rights division - Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment
- N.J. wants cash for name on Meadowlands arena - Tom Baldwin - Asbury Park Press
- Nets' Ratner getting into naming game - Holly M. Sanders - New York Post
- Nets' business now includes naming rights - John Brennan - The Record