Jason Kidd was back on the court today, just shooting, but also talking. He told beat reporters that he is optimistic that his strained back, aka an anular tear, won't keep him from playing on Opening Night in nine days and hopes to play a preseason game if all goes well. He wouldn't talk about off-court issues. Meanwhile, Malik Allen was walking without a limp but Darrell Armstrong was.
- Captain Speaks - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- Kidd Sighting - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Kidd unlikely to play before Opening Night - Julian Garcia - The Internets
- Camp: Monday, October 22nd - Matt McQueeny - New Jersey Nets
- Kidd has a shot at playing opener - David Waldstein - Star-Ledger
- Kidd--I'll be ready for opener - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Jason Kidd says he may sit out remainder of Nets' preseason - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News