Stressing conditioning, Lawrence Frank had his team scrimmaging on Day 1 of training camp for the first time since he has taken over as coach. After the morning session, Frank talked about adding motion to his offense, saying that it's not a major overhaul of how they do things, but rather "a couple new tweaks." Nenad Krstic did not participate in the scrimmage and he's not the only one who will get extra rest during the preseason: Jason Kidd's activity will be limited as well, just to keep him fresh.
- First practice - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Sussman Sez: Cranberry Blog - Gary Sussman - New Jersey Nets
- Day 2 - Dave D'Alessandro - NJ.com
- Training Camp Day 1: “We Want to be Ready to Play” - Matt McQueeny - New Jersey Nets
- Run Like The Wind - Joe - Joe Netsfan