Nenad Krstic finally goes under the knife Wednesday and his doctors tell him that if he rehabs right, he will be back 100%. But that doesn't make the 23-year-old feel much better. He wants to compete, knowing his team needs him. And he also knows that how he comes back will effect his next contract. He can sign this summer or wait until 2008, when the Nets could wind up in a bidding war. Meanwhile, reports surfaced that the Nets turned down Richard Jefferson for Luol Deng and a draft choice last June.
- Krstic's pain is within - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Bad luck: Krstic making no plans - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Ailing Krstic preparing for surgery - Will Weiss - YES Network
- Krstic adjusts to life on the injured list - Peter Zellen - SNY
- Nets notebook: Krstic's surgery set - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Happy New Year - Pinnacle Blog