Peter Vecsey of the New York Post says that while a lot of attention was paid the last few days to a proposed Nets-Clippers deal, the other LA team, the Lakers, recently made an offer for Jason Kidd. The offer included expiring contracts and Laker rookie point guard Jordan Farmar. But buried in the Vecsey column is this tidbit: Joumana Kidd hasn't filed a respose to Kidd's divorce papers because she is "fervently trying to reconcile". Meanwhile, Kidd moved to expedite the proceedings.
- Clipped short - Peter Vecsey - New York Post
- Kidd backs off abuse charges against wife - Ken Berger - New York Newsday
- These deals ain't happening -- until they do - Tony Mejia - CBS Sportsline
- Kidd looks to hasten divorce with new filings - AP
- I was just Kidd-ing - Jose Martinez, Austin Fenner and Corky Siemaszko - New York Daily News
- Kidd revises divorce papers - William Lamb - The Record