In what one Ratner executive describes as a "precooked" deal, the Nets's owner is expected to agree to an 8% reduction in the size of Atlantic Yards, as recommended by the City Planning Commission. The decision would not effect the size of the Nets new 18,000-seat arena but could defuse some criticism and move the whole project forward. Some critics want one-third of the Yards be lopped off; others want it junked entirely. Still others dismiss the need for any downsizing.
- City Planners Recommend 8% Reduction in Atlantic Yards - Charles V. Bagli - New York Times
- Six to Eight Percent Solutions (Graphic) - Bruce McCall - New York Times
- City tweaks Atlantic Yards plan, sez tower height OK - Elizabeth Hays - New York Daily News
- Ratner's Tall Order OK'd - Rich Calder - New York Post
- City Planners Look To Shrink Atlantic Yards Project - NY1