A half hour before Wednesday's marathon public hearing on the new Nets' arena and surrounding mini-city, Bruce Ratner brought out his biggest guns: Jason Kidd and Vince Carter. They were the headliners among proponents of the project Ratner brought to a press conference. Both said they looked forward to playing in the arena. Kidd noted he will be 36 in 2009, when it's scheduled to open. Carter said "I hope they keep me here," but an impending divorce could impact where he plays.
- Kidd, Carter Back Atlantic Yards - NetsDaily Blog
- Nets Arena Gets Glowing Endorsement from 2 Players (Audio) - Terry Sheridan - WINS
- Kidd, Carter lobby for Brooklyn arena - AP
- Vince hopes for Brooklyn bridge - Darren Everson - New York Daily News
- Williams invited to camp by Nets - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Ratner’s bussed-in lovefest - Ariella Cohen - Brooklyn Paper
- First Public Hearing Held On Atlantic Yards Development Project (Video) - NY1