Mile Ilic is going to benefit two ways from the departure of Zoran Planinic: it freed up a roster spot...and some money. Ilic is expected to sign a contract beginning at $800,000 a year, enough to make his buyout reasonable, money the Nets saved by waiving Planinic. Ilic is likely to sign after the World Championships end on September 3 in Tokyo. Still, the Nets will probably have to pay some luxury tax next season.
- Nets go the extra Mile with Ilic - Al Iannazzone - YES Network
- Nets waive Planinic, turn to Ilic - Eli Gelman - Star-Ledger
- Nets re-sign Robinson, waive Planinic - Bob Considine - Bridgewater Courier-News
- Robinson Back to Nets; Planinic Waived - John Eligon - New York Times
- Apology Accepted: Nets fill need with Robinson - Al Iannazzone - The Record