With the state approving the basic outline of Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards plan, the debate over the project--including the new Nets' arena-- is moving into high gear. Both sides are revving up their supporters for public hearings in the next two months. In the Daily News, the opinions page was taken up by a debate: "Is Atlantic Yards right for Brooklyn?" Yes says Marty Markowitz, Brooklyn Borough President. No says Ronald Shiffman, professor of architecture and urban planning at Pratt Institute.
- Is Atlantic Yards right for Brooklyn? Yes - Marty Markowitz - New York Daily News
- Is Atlantic Yards right for Brooklyn? No - Ronald Shiffman - New York Daily News
- Atlantic Yards Opponents Comb Through New Study - Emily Keller - Park Slope Courier
- Rally Against Ratner (Video) - No Land Grab
- Eminent sense in Brooklyn domain - Editorials - New York Daily News