With critics of Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards project planning a celebrity-laden rally this weekend, the Nets' owner asked for a show of interest in his Atlantic Yards project. He wound up with 2,300 people. The crowd came to a Brooklyn meeting in hopes of learning more about the promise of affordable housing in the skyscrapers surrounding a new Nets' arena. The final approval process for the project is expected to begin in a few weeks.
- Promises of Atlantic Yards Draw Thousands to Meeting - Nicholas Confessore - New York Times
- B'klyn Yards pitch finds few bargains - Allison Fox, Elizabeth Hays and Leo Standora - New York Daily News
- After 'Race' Battle, Dan Goldstein Charges On - Matthew Scheuerman - New York Observer
- Casting a Net for Bklyn Apts - Patrick Gallahue - New York Post
- Queue Forms For Housing In Brooklyn - David Lombino - New York Sun
- It's Tough All Around - Matthew Scheuerman - New York Observer