In a Daily News blog devoted to city politics, reporter Ben Smith takes issue with critics of the new Nets arena in Brooklyn, calling their rhetoric "over the top" and noting that in a recent email, Bruce Ratner's leading critic referred to African-American supporters of the project as tools of "their wealthy white masters." Al Sharpton angrily demanded an apology from the critic who had to agree his language was "unfortunate".
- What are your priorities, Mr. Spitzer - Ben Smith - New York Daily News
- Whose 'White Masters'? - Ben Smith - New York Daily News
- 'Wealthy White Masters' - Matthew Scheuerman - New York Observer
- Race flap over Nets arena foe’s comments - Amy Zimmer - Metro New York
- Statement On Spokesman Daniel Goldstein’s Racially Insensitive Comment - Develop Don’t Destroy Brooklyn