Cliff Robinson's agent said late Friday that the 6'-10" forward had agreed to a new contract, then later admitted he may have jumped the gun. As a free agent, Robinson can't officially re-sign til July 12. The new deal is reportedly several hundred thousand dollars less than his old one, terminated early in the day. The Nets also announced they had waived Scott Padgett, who will receive a $450,000 buyout. And the Nets are thinking about signing free agents...but at a "minimal cost".
- Nets Decline Option on Clifford Robinson; Waive Scott Padgett - New Jersey Nets
- Agent: Nets, Robinson have tentative agreement on new deal - Tom Canavan - AP
- Nets, Robinson expect reunion - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Robinson Will Probably Return to Nets for Less - John Eligon - New York Times
- Nets Fiddling with Roster - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets leaning on draftees - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- Nets give Robinson two years - Al Iannazzone - The Record