Trade talks stalled, big names headed north of them in the draft, Nets President Rod Thorn awaits a flood of surprises Wednesday hoping they don't wash the Nets draft away in their wake. The Nets have a long "short list" for #22 and #23 but want the #10 pick from Seattle and are willing to trade one of their two picks and their first rounder next year to get it. Meanwhile, it appears the Nets will keep Cliff Robinson--possibly at a lower salary--and want to sign Mile Ilic by August.
- Nets: Thorn can't be too picky - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets Looking to Trade Up - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Thorn, Nets thinking big - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- Nets Looking for Big Men (Not Online) - John Eligon - New York Times
- Nets hope to make big move up draft order - Al Iannazzone - The Record