The Municipal Arts Society, a respected architectural and design, group said Thursday that it did not believe that Bruce Ratner's plans for a Nets arena and mini-city was "good for Brooklyn". The group, prodded by the project's critics, said that the scale of the $3.5 billion project would burden both the asthetics and traffic patterns of nearby neighborhoods. The city and state are expected to approve the plan by year's end.
- Group Calls for Major Changes in Atlantic Yards Plan - Nicholas Confessore - New York Times
- Atlantic Yards Project Violates Principles of Urban Planning - Andrea Bernstein - WNYC
- Atlantic Yards can’t ‘work’ - Gersh Kuntzman - Brooklyn Paper
- MAS says FCR's current plan 'won't work' - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Atlantic Yards Lite? - Neil deMause - Village Voice