Frank Gehry is known as a transformational architect, one who can remake a neighborhood or even an entire city with his often radical visions. But large arenas are pretty simple stuff, based on things like sight lines and access to amenities. So how did the celebrity architect Bruce Ratner hired do with his latest design of both the arena and surrounding mini-city? Critics generally praise it, but are not in awe of what Gehry has done, paricularly the scale.
- An arena grows in Brooklyn - Dan Bischoff - Star-Ledger
- Time to catch the wave - Justin Davidson - New York Newsday
- Atlantic Yards - Latest Images - AtlanticYards.com
- Downtown Brooklyn in 2016 - Alexandra Lange - New York
- In Favor of Building — Just Not These Buildings - James Gardner - New York Sun