The Nets no longer have the game's longest winning streak after Saturday's loss to the Cavs, but they still have the respect of a lot of sports writers on Sunday. In columns around the country, writers (with one exception) extoll the Nets on-court weaponry and playoff possibilities. Mike Lupica gives a special shout-out to the job done by team's off-court guru, Rod Thorn, "one of the great general managing jobs in the history of sports."
- Nets figuring out the way to tie opponents in knots - Dwaine Price - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Nets, Cavs are rising in the East - Paul Coro - Arizona Republic
- Commentary: Nets, Cavs gaining precious ground on Heat - Chris Perkins - Palm Beach Post
- Nets hot, but not a cinch for playoff run - David Boyce - Kansas City Star
- Hit & they will love you - Mike Lupica - New York Daily News