This is the game the Bulls didn't want to see Tim Thomas. They succeeded. Thomas got his money, went west and Chicago won't have to face him Tuesday night. The Bulls have been mediocre, with a 6-6 record over the last 12 games. Luol Deng, a graduate of New Jersey's Blair Academy, has been the team's best player over that stretch. As for Chicago GM John Paxson's role in keeping Thomas away from New Jersey, Rod Thorn says "How do you prove it?"
- New Jersey (32-27) at Chicago (26-33) - AP
- Olympics not for Hinrich - Daniel I. Dorfman - Northwest Herald
- Second thoughts - Mike McGraw - Arlington Heights Herald
- Nets at Bulls - Brian Hanley - Chicago Sun-Times
- Nets Notes: Thorny Issue - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Chicago Bulls Game Notes - Chicago Bulls
- Nets Basketball Game Notes - New Jersey Nets