Bruce Ratner's pledge to provide "affordable" housing, varying definitions of "community" and "displacement" all made for an incendiary discussion of plans for a new Nets' arena and surrounding mini-city this week. When a critic of the $3.5 billion project said it would hurt their "community" by displacing local residents, a supporter shot back that her "community" needed housing. Meanwhile, Ratner reached out to minorities and women seeking work on the project.
- Race War on Yards - Ariella Cohen - Brooklyn Paper
- Doing a Number on Atlantic Yards - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer
- ACORN's Lewis gets fiery as "affordable housing" debate heats up - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Ratner seeks blacks, women - Gersh Kuntzman - Brooklyn Paper
- Atlantic Yards Showdown:Opponents debate merits of massive downtown plan - Stephen Witt - Fort Greene Courier