Bruce Ratner is suing someone--he just doesn't know who yet--because that someone has been falsely emailing people in his name. Ratner claims critics of his planned Nets arena, "John Does #1 through #10" in the suit, have been sending out emails suggesting that he is abandoning a Brooklyn brewer. The brewer, subject of a critics' boycott, is a big supporter of the arena and already sells beer at Continental Airlines Arena. Ratner wants $150,000. The critics deny any role in the scam.
- Ratner Files Suit Over Rude E-mails Sent in His Name - Joseph Goldstein - New York Sun
- Will the Real Bruce Ratner Please Stand up? - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer
- 'Net Foul on Ratner - Patrick Gallahue - New York Post
- E-gads! Fake mail sent to Ratner pals, suit sez - Jothan Sederstrom - New York Daily News
- Beer battle brews over Nets arena - Amy Zimmer - Metro New York
- The battle for Brooklyn turns to beer - Jossip