With a Wednesday midnight--actually 11:59 p.m.--deadline looming, Tim Thomas appears headed for the Phoenix Suns and not the Nets. The Jersey native wanted to play for the Nets, but Bulls GM John Paxson insisted that the 6'-10" Paterson native stay out of the Eastern Conference if released. Although some suggested that Paxson's hardball tactic was prohibited, ultimately, it worked.
- Nets losing out on Tim Thomas - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets Still Eyeing Help - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Bulls set to waive Thomas - Brian Hanley - Chicago Sun-Times
- D'Antoni calm despite turmoil - Doug Haller - Arizona Republic
- Diaw filling void at center admirably - Jerry Brown - East Valley Tribune
- Why Sun resembles Pop - Marc Stein - ESPN