Shortly after the 3 p.m. trade deadline, the Chicago Bulls began buyout discussions with Tim Thomas, the first step towards free agency for the 6'-10" Bulls forward. Thomas says four teams--the Nets, Spurs, Sixers and Heat--all have an interest in signing him. Thomas was reported to have said he would not negotiate a buyout and wants all the money he is owed. To make a playoff roster, Thomas would have to sign by next Wednesday. The Bulls said they would prefer he not go to a "direct competitor".
- Riley not pressed to use $1.9M trade exception - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun-Sentinel
- Spurs, Nets might look at Thomas if Bulls cut him - Brian Hanley - Chicago Sun-Times
- Thomas hoping for chance to play this year - Keith Idec - Passaic Herald-News
- Tim Thomas a Net? (Updated) - Net Income - NetsDaily Blog
- Bulls, Tim Thomas Discuss Buyout - AP