Jason Kidd has made it official: he won't be joining Team USA for the World Championships in Tokyo this summer or the Olympics in Beijing in 2008. Jerry Colangelo, who is selecting players for the team, wants a three year committment from all his players. Meanwhile, Tim Thomas, dressed in heavy bling and a fur coat, was checking out the Spurs and Nets last night, anticipating that he will be bought out or released at the trade deadline. For the second time, the 6'-10" forward told reporters he is interested in the Nets.
- Snubbed Kidd wants no part of Olympics - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Kidd Passing on 2008 Olympics - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Kidd won't Star, Play in Games - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- Kidd won't play for U.S. in 2008 Olympics - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Tim Thomas Watches Spurs Beat Nets - Bill Kostroun - AP
- Tim Thomas a Net? - Net Income - NetsDaily Blog
- Nets' Kidd will pass on 2008 Olympics - NBC Sports