Sean Deveney of the Sporting News, Tony Mejia of CBS Sportsline, John Hollinger of ESPN, Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated, and Mike Kahn of FOX Sports have all but written off the Nets this season, suggesting the loss of Nenad Krstic means they are unlikely to win the Atlantic Division. All note the team was in trouble before Krstic tore his ACL. Now they say it's hard to figure how they can recover. Hollinger says simply: "Blow it up", declare the season over, trade Vince Carter and send RJ to the surgeon.
- Team of the Weak - Sean Deveney - The Sporting News
- Weekly Essentials: Crummy holidays for Nets, Rockets - Tony Mejia - CBS Sportsline
- With Krstic Down, Nets Learn the Hard Way - John Hollinger - New York Sun
- A year too late - Chris Mannix - Sports Illustrated
- Bulls are better than their record; Cavs are worse - John Hollinger - ESPN Insider
- Ten things we learned in the NBA - Mike Kahn - FOX Sports