Dave D'Alessandro and Fred Kerber offer a look inside Richard Jefferson's ankle and it isn't pretty: floating fragments, like mini-bone spurs, causing pain that is sometimes tolerable, sometimes not. The reasonable prognosis is uncertain: surgery now if the pain continues or surgery in the off-season if it subsides. In any event, Jefferson admits he is not 100% and it effects the team. Ed Stefanski, back from Europe, tells Kerber he'd rather see the team get it right than make a trade.
- The 'S' Word - Dave D'Alessandro - NJ.com
- The 'S' Word...Sort of - Fred Kerber - New York Post Blog
- Jefferson pondering ankle surgery - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Surgery for RJ? - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Jefferson turns to 'other' ankle - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets Notebook: Ankle Annoyance - Steve Popper - The Record