Sheldon Silver is the speaker of the New York State Assembly. He has said nice things about Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards project--and Nets' arena--as recently as Thursday. He even set aside $100 million in state money for infrastructure improvements. But he has not said how he will vote this week on final approval...and therein lies the fate of the project. Meanwhile, critics are mounting a last minute effort to get Silver to at least postpone the vote. The New York Sun editorial board agrees.
- Fate of Project in Brooklyn Hinges on Nod of One Man - Nicolas Confessore - New York Times
- Atlantic Yards may get nod this week - Amy Zimmer - Metro New York
- Daniel Goldstein Can’t Be Bought - Marc Jacobson - New York Magazine
- Eminent Danger - New York Sun
- Atlantic Yards So Close, Yet So Far - Elaine Misonzhnik - Retail Traffic Magazine