Bruce Ratner expects final approval for his Atlantic Yards project by the third week of November, setting up a possible groundbreaking for the new Nets' arena early next year. In a briefing book distributed by Ratner's representatives Monday, the developer wrote approval from the state's Public Authorities Control Board (PACB) should come very quickly after the project's environmental impact statement (EIS) is blessed. Meanwhile, critics are filing suit Thursday claiming eminent domain abuse.
- Atlantic Yards Project Briefing - Forest City Ratner
- Lawsuit targets Ratner’s ‘domain’ - Ariella Cohen - Brooklyn Paper
- Brooklynites sue over Atlantic Yards eminent domain - Larry McShane - AP
- Groups Aiming to Block Atlantic Yards Project Cite Eminent Domain - Tom Perrotta - New York Law Journal
- Suit Against Atlantic Yards Challenges Eminent Domain - Thomas Lueck - New York Times
- DDDB Makes a Federal Case out of it - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer