Defense and turnovers were the problem once again as the Nets fell to the Sixers at the Wachovia Center Wednesday night. Philly shot 51% from the field and the Nets turned the ball over 28 times, losing by 22. On the second night of their only back-to-back of the preseason, none of the New Jersey starters played more than 19 minutes. Marcus Williams had another strong game off the bench, scoring 19 points, hitting all four shots he took from downtown, and dishing out six assists.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Philadelphia 110, New Jersey 88 - AP
- Bench steps up as Sixers cruise past Nets - NBA.com (Ticker)
- Nets concerned 'D' might be sore spot - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Boone boning up on Nets' playbook - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Sussman Sez: Karma - Gary Sussman - New Jersey Nets