The Nets announced on Sunday that they have waived Jay Williams, who was attempting a comeback from his devestating motorcycle accident of three years ago. Williams had appeared in all five preseason games so far, averaging 3.8 points in 13.2 minutes per game. Williams' agents say their client is weighing a number of options, including playing in Europe or even the D-League, but they are most happy about his ability to stay healthy.
- Nets waive G Jay Williams - Ticker
- Jay Williams cut by Nets - AP
- Williams cut, but dad feels he'll be back - Eli Gelman - Star-Ledger
- After recovering from crash, Jay Williams cut by Nets - Oscar Dixon - USA Today
- Nets waive goodbye to Jay - Darren Everson - Star-Ledger
- Nets waive goodbye to ex-Duke standout - Al Iannazzone - The Record