The Nets must break ground in Brooklyn this year in order to have any chance of taking to the court in their new arena by the 2008-09 season. But critics of Bruce Ratner have taken to another court to stop the Nets' fast break across the Hudson. In what is expected to be a flurry of suits, the critics filed suit claiming a conflict of interest between Ratner and the state agency who must approve the project.
- Same lawyer repped State, Ratner: Suit - Elizabeth Hayes - New York Daily News
- Nets Foes Shoot Suit - Jarrett Murphy - Village Voice
- Hoop-Arena Foes Sue State - Rich Calder - New York Post
- Local Groups Sue to Halt Big Project in Brooklyn - Nicolas Confessore - New York Times
- Suit aims to block demolition for new Nets arena - John Brennan - The Record