A day after the Daily News reported that Bruce Ratner had funded the leading community group backing his arena and mini-city, the group says it didn't actually receive the money. Instead, its officers claim, $5 million is what they expected to get from the developer.
- Brooklyn arena opponents call community group a front - AP
- Critics Say Ratner Is Bankrolling Supporters - David Lombino - New York Sun
- A Cool $5 Million - Matthew Schuerman - New York Observer
- Charge Ratner bought arena plan’s support - Jess Wisloski - Brooklyn Papers
- Brooklyn Arena Supporters Got Millions From Ratner - Andrea Bernstein - WNYC
- Arena Opponents Blast 'Community Group' - WINS