On the eve of a two-day visit to New Jersey, Shareef Abdur-Rahim is saying all the right things about the Nets and the time he spent with Coach Lawrence Frank last weekend. But the 6'9" power forward will consider offers from four other NBA teams as well. Once Abdur Rahim makes his decision, the Nets will move on to recruiting Heat combo guard Keyon Dooling and others, possibly including Kings forward Darius Songaila. Meanwhile, the Nets summer league roster was rejiggered after Anthony Roberson, the Florida standout, was a no-show in Vegas.
- Shareef Likes Nets But Will Shop Around - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Abdur-Rahim, Nets' top target, in town for two-day visit - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Nets await Shareef as forward thinkers - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- Abdur-Rahim top priority for Nets - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record
- Free agents: Unfulfilled potential on the open market - Tony Mejia - CBS Sportsline
- Nets have two days to woo Abdur-Rahim - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger