While waiting by the phone for players like Milt Palacio and Dale Davis to accept his offers, Rod Thorn is also waiting to see who might become available under the NBA's new "amnesty clause". The clause permits teams near the luxury tax threshold a one-time opportunity to cut their high salary, low productivity players. Allen Houston, Brian Grant and Michael Finley could then become available cheap. Meanwhile, the Toronto Raptors appear ready to sign Net free agent Travis Best.
- Nets' mid-level exception may be enough to go around - Bob Considine - Asbury Park Press
- Ex-Net likely Best fit for cash-strapped Raps - Doug Smith - Toronto Star
- Nets keep phone handy as free agents mull offers - Al Iannazzone - Bergen Record
- Nets mulling Milt - Ohm Youngmisuk - New York Daily News
- At least 2 teams still after Duhon - Marlen Garcia - Chicago Tribune